This workshop is highly interactive and involves participants in the process of completing a Strategic Plan. It describes all activities of top-down planning from a Vision/Mission Statement to the execution at the operational level. The material is appropriate for middle to upper management, those who aspire to executive positions, and business professionals who are responsible for executing the plans at the tactical and execution levels.
The following topics are covered in depth via hands-on exercises:
• Creating a Vision & Mission Statement (who we are and what our purpose is)
• SWOT Analysis (identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
• Corporate Strategy (the plan to execute the Mission considering SWOT assumptions)
• Competitive Priorities (what we compete on – what the marketplace values)
• Operations Structure (competitive priorities, facilities, capacity, technology)
• Operations Infrastructure (workforce staffing, design, quality, information systems)
• Operations Control (priority and capacity planning, supply chain management)
• Performance Measurement (the criteria that keeps us on target to accomplish the Mission)
Participants work in teams to create their own business organization and develop strategic and operational plans as part of the workshop activities. Teams will complete exercises that demonstrate the process of strategic planning and take away a complete understanding of the SP process.
The facilitator will utilize a combination of slideshow presentation, storytelling, interactive discussion, team exercises, and summary Q&A. This event promises to provide valuable tips, tools and techniques while ensuring the participants have a fun and engaging experience. This represents the epitome of training that is “edu-taining”!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Michael D. Ford, CFPIM, CSCP, CLTD, CQA, CRE, CQE, ACPF, CPSM, CSSGB is a Supply Chain Expert with TQM Works Consulting. He provides innovative solutions, based on 30 years of experience in retail, distribution, manufacturing, and consulting. His work history includes software implementation, business planning, inventory control, distribution planning, and corporate training. This includes a broad range of experience from ETO (Engineer to Order) to MTS (Make to Stock), as well as non-profits, service, and Department of Defense.
Michael has presented at over 350 industry events throughout the U.S., Canada, Japan, Nigeria, S. Africa and Australia, and has provided over 5,000 hours of classroom training.
Ford is a 2016 graduate of Binghamton University, earning a M.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering. Ford combines his technical expertise with personal skills, to develop a unique “outside the box” approach to life’s challenges. He is a charismatic speaker who specializes in delivering training that is “edu-taining.”